A Squared: New for 2013: Friday Finds

Friday, January 4, 2013

New for 2013: Friday Finds

Confession: I own a LOT of cookbooks.

Bigger confession: I hardly use any of them.

Obviously, the problem is not that I don't enjoy cooking.  The issue might just be that the books have become more a part of the scenery in my kitchen and I forget that they're there to be used.  Or I also get distracted by my monthly Cooking Light subscription-- I just can't wait to rip open each new issue that arrives in my mailbox and dog ear all of the good recipes!  And then there is Pinterest.  Ohh... Pinterest.  It's just so convenient to type in a few keywords and have hundreds of recipes at your fingertips that you can conveniently save and organize paperlessly (is that a word?) online.  But I digress.

Lately when I have been scouring the internet for new recipes, my husband will go to the bookshelf and say "you have all these books, why don't you use one of these?"  So, in 2013 I am going to make sure that I do just that!  Next week I will be starting a new weekly post in addition to "What's For Dinner Wednesdays" called "Friday Finds."  At least one day a week I am going to be trying a new recipe found right here in one of these books on my shelf.  I'll share each recipe that I have found, in which book it was found, and report back on the results for you every week in our new Friday Finds post.

Look out next week for our first official Friday Finds.  And have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...