A Squared: #UltimateThanksgiving on Pinterest

Thursday, November 8, 2012

#UltimateThanksgiving on Pinterest

So, you know all of those "Pin It To Win It" contests that you see on Pinterest all of the time?  They are actually for real.  In fact, I won one!

Food.com ran an Ultimate Thanksgiving-themed Pinterest contest recently and since I am all about food I jumped on it!  The rules were to follow Food.com (@Fooddotcom) on Pinterest, create a Pinterest board titled "My Ultimate Food.com Thanksgiving," pick a theme and write about your inspiration.  Pin at least 10 Food.com recipes you'd serve at your ultimate Thanksgiving, describe why you picked them, and add #ultimatethanksgiving to the description of each pin.
I came up with what I thought was a pretty cute theme: A Thanksgiving dinner for us newlyweds that brings together the flavors of where we both come from into one meal.  Spicy southern flavors for Alex and traditional New England ingredients for me.  Fun, right?  I guess Food.com thought so!

You can check out the 5 winning Pinterest boards here (I am Winner #3).  There were some other pretty creative ones... I love the "bite size" Thanksgiving idea. How cute is that?

Food.com highlighted a few of my recipe picks (you can see those below), but you can check out my complete Ultimate Thanksgiving board here.  And be sure to follow me on Pinterest (and here on the blog) too!


Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce

Sweet Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Southwestern Corn Pudding

So, what would be on the menu at your Ultimate Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am the community manager for Food.com. Congrats on winning! We posted your board on our Facebook page too. http://on.fb.me/UbM7sd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmine-- thanks for stopping by! And thanks for the love on Facebook-- this was such a fun contest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...