A Squared: Weeknight Date: Jazzin' at the Shedd

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weeknight Date: Jazzin' at the Shedd

One of the things I love most about living in the city is that there is always something fun and different to do-- no matter what the day of the week.  The other thing that I love is that you can often do these things on the cheap, if not free.  Packing a picnic dinner and catching a Movie in the Park, for instance, is always a great way to change up our weeknight routine. 


I bought a Groupon deal earlier this summer for Jazzin' at the Shedd and we finally put it to use on Wednesday night.  I think I have confessed previously on this blog that I have never been to the Shedd Aquarium (shame on me, I know!), but I have to say that this was a great way to see it.  A jazz band sets up shop right in the central atrium of the Aquarium and plays live music while you meander around checking out the exhibits.  They have bars and food vendors stationed all over the building and the majority of the exhibits stay open until at least 8 or 9 so it's a great combo of cocktail party and aquarium tour.  We spent a fun couple of hours checking the place out with a glass of wine in hand.  If you are 21+ and have never visited the Shedd Aquarium, definitely give it a try on a summer Wednesday-- It's so much fun!


Jellies

We found Nemo



Date night (in flats, obviously)




Baby beluga. My husband is not familiar with this song.  Tragic.

A beautiful Chicago evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...