A Squared: Just For Fun: Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Monday, August 6, 2012

Just For Fun: Chewy Chocolate Cookies

I don't often post dessert recipes on this blog because I don't often make them.  I LOVE dessert, but with it being just the two of us I try to reserve making actual desserts for birthdays, holidays, and parties.  Otherwise, we have a bounty of leftovers that I inevitably end up eating for a week and then regretting when I have gained a few pounds.

Alex is a runner though and he's unofficially known around here as the Cookie Monster so he likes to always have something in the cookie jar to take to work or snack on after dinner.  Normally he'll make his own cookies with refrigerated dough, but occasionally I will indulge him and make a homemade batch for him.  One of his favorite cookie recipes is this one for Chewy Chocolate Cookies.  This is one that my mom made a lot when I was a kid and that we always loved too.  It's an easy recipe, makes a huge amount of cookies, and they are really moist and rich.  I hope you enjoy them too!




Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.  Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.  Blend into creamed butter mixture until fully combined and smooth.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.  NOTE: Do not overbake!  These cookies will be soft.  They will puff up during the baking process and will flatten upon cooling.  Cool on cookie sheet until set, about 1 to 2 minutes.  Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...