A Squared: What's For Dinner Wednesday: Maple Mustard Chicken & Dijon Roasted Potatoes

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's For Dinner Wednesday: Maple Mustard Chicken & Dijon Roasted Potatoes

I am totally exhausted on this Wednesday.  Alex and I went to a White Sox game last night and weren't even out all that late and I am feeling it today.  I definitely can't hang like I used to-- I think I'm getting old. 



We were also drinking beer and eating greasy ballpark food so for this week's dinner, I am revisiting a healthy old favorite: Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken.  It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Cooking Light magazine-- mostly because receiving a new issue every month and flagging healthy new dinners to try is a fantastic cure for my recipe ADD.  However, like any seasoned cook I have a few recipes that I always return to and this chicken dish (from Cooking Light) is one of those for me.  Today I wanted to share my own recipe for a side dish that makes a great accompaniement to this simple and flavorful entree.  These potatoes are low in fat, full in flavor, uses mostly ingredients that I suggest you keep around as essential pantry items, and they are super easy to make. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

 
For Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken, see original recipe post here.

Dijon Roasted Potatoes 

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. baby red potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, diced
  • 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh herbs *I used a combination of rosemary, thyme, parsley, and chives. You could also use dry herbs if you don't have fresh ones on hand. 
  • Cooking or olive oil spray 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, salt, pepper, and herbs until blended.  Add in potatoes and onions and toss to coat.  Transfer the potato mixture into a 9"x9" glass baking dish coated with cooking spray.  After baking for about 20 minutes, take the pan out and stir the potatoes to ensure that they cook evenly.  Bake for an additional 15-25 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender and golden brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...