A Squared: A Perfect Summer in the City Weekend

Monday, June 18, 2012

A Perfect Summer in the City Weekend

I'm a day late on the weekend recap, but my weekend was a day longer than usual so I'm just catching up now.  We started out with no set plans, but it ended up turning into one of those great summertime city weekends where the days are so fun and full that you're exhausted on Monday morning.  Or Tuesday morning for me since I took Monday off.  :)  We spent most of our weekend eating, exploring, boating, and beaching.  There really is nothing better than Chicago in the summer.

I was a little under the weather on Friday evening (and still exhausted from last weekend), so we laid low, but more than made up for it the rest of the weekend.

Saturday was a really hot day and we got a little brave (or stupid) and decided to spend the day outside.  Not our best idea.  We wanted to do some more neighborhood exploring and did a couple of Wicker Park city walks.  This neighborhood tops my list of those that we need to explore further-- I just wish it would have been a smidge cooler so we could have enjoyed it more! 

After some architectural exploring, a tour of retail spaces that no longer exist, and a visit with Cowileo we stopped in at The Boundary to watch the soccer games and enjoy some beer and bar food. 






I think we may have both suffered a little heatstroke on Saturday and we returned home totally wiped out.  We were planning to head to a street festival that evening but ended up falling asleep (oops) and then waking up to torrential downpours.  So we ordered in from Q, one of our favorite BBQ restaurants in Chicago, and called it a night.






On Sunday my good friend Mike took us out on Lake Michigan on his boat.  I think it's actually the first time that we have been out on the Lake on a non-tour boat since we have lived here and it was the perfect way to spend a warm Sunday in the city.


Alex's weekend fun ended after our day on the water, but mine continued on Monday.  I got some stuff done around the house and made a batch of marinara sauce.  Random, I know.  But it's better to do it on a day when I'm around since it's a long slow cooking process.

My bff Alexis always has Mondays off so we took advantage of our overlapping weekends and headed to the beach.  It was another blistering hot day, so it was wonderful to spend it at Lake Michigan again.  Not a bad way to end the weekend!




10 comments:

  1. Many thanks for posting this, It?s just what I was researching for on bing. I?d a lot relatively hear opinions from an individual, barely than an organization web page, do my homework assignment online that?s why I like blogs so significantly. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We understand the risks child abduction prevention
    faced in different working environments, and we are qualified enough to identify, detect, and mitigate all these risks. In doing this our clients will have their physical properties, reputation, and families protected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the off chance that you don't need others to realize you're requesting expositions on the web, there are different choices. To Pay To Write Research Paper start with, many administrations post tests on the site. Take time and glance through several them. You'll find out about the composing style and in the event that a paper is very much organized and explored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The North Face involves conventional goose down fill for its hottest coats to keep you warm. There are different kinds of yelena belova polyester hoodie wholesale protection accessible as well, including Thermoball, a creative innovation created in organization with Primaloft®, as a low weight, warm option in contrast to conventional down fill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning friends! I am really thankful for the information in this post, but I would like to say a few words about myself! After a difficult breakup my wife were too busy to talk to me. Only this online therapist took his time to listen to my no so simple issues (you can see online therapy app here). He never made me feel guilty for feeling the way I feel and he is highly knowledgeable in the field of therapy. Gerald took great effort at responding to all my concerns and would not give you only the answer to your question, but also how it can be really treated. You can read more info about this therapy here at their online webpage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A jacket is a type of outerwear trending events used for layering or for keeping warm in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After doing some architectural sleuthing taking a tour of defunct retail establishments Audit Firm In Uae and meeting Cowie we made a pit stop at The Boundary to watch some football matches while sipping beers and eating pub cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spend some time perusing a few of them. You'll learn about the writing style and whether or not a work is thoroughly organized Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 3 Jacket and researched. Our clients' families, reputations, and tangible assets will all be safeguarded as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spend some time perusing a few of them. You'll learn about the writing style and whether or not a paper is thoroughly planned and researched. In order to keep you warm, The North Face uses traditional goose down fill in its warmest coats. financemonkey.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. bankruotcy lawyer near me

    "Experiencing a perfect summer weekend in the city is like catching sunshine in a bottle! From lazy days in the park to vibrant nights on the town, this is where memories are made. ☀️🏙️ #CitySummerVibes"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...